Saturday, July 28, 2012

Posted by Elie gh On 2:22 PM

           The Rat Race
           
 
            Before starting this blog post I would like to apologize to all my loyal readers. You are all used to a weekly update but this week I was behind schedule.

            I would like also to thank you, for making my blog what it is: 900 viewers in 5 months.  The reason for this delay is my new job, so now I’m juggling one full time job and another part time job.

          In this post I’ll be sharing my opinion about the rat race, we all seem to linger at work and feel trapped or stressed at one point.  The old quote: “do something you like and you will never work a day in your life” comes to mind.

            However, at a certain stage of your life you will feel trapped in the rat race, as if you’re reliving every frame over and over.  It’s doesn’t necessarily means routine, it could also mean you are no longer challenging yourself or that you are in a comfort zone stagnating with no ambition anymore.

            Personally I think, you should take advantage of your prime life time, in other words after graduating college or university and before starting a family. When you only have yourself to support, it’s easier to try and fail, to travel and dare try whatever you think might suits you and your ambitions.

            My new job is challenging for me: I’m a sales representative for a world renowned coffee giant. It basically involves sales ( I can basically convince myself to buy anything), a lot of meetings and socializing( I hate formal wear ) and finally a good knowledge of the roads and venues ( I get lost even with a GPS).  




So most would ask: what the heck were you thinking?

        I can’t argue that it’s a job that has nothing to do with my major. But I wanted to try it for one reason:  it was a unique opportunity and a chance to challenge myself and try to surpass my weak points.
And guess what for now I’m enjoying this experience and meeting a lot of interesting people and growing my network of connections.

      I enjoyed my time being unemployed and freshly graduated and now I’m enjoying my new work. You should always try and take advantage of each situation. For those who are unemployed, luck will come knocking at your door soon so enjoy the free time to socialize with your friends, take up a new hobby or a workshop to boost your skills and stay up to date. 

       And for those who are employed, try to have as much success in your work as you can but don’t neglect your personal life. It’s important to keep everything balanced. 

       Finally, each phase in your life brings you a new perspective, you can easily break the wheel and escape from the rat race. The only reason it’s called a rat race is because you focus on the future and forget to live the present. So stay aware as not to skip steps in your life, time is already slipping through our fingers really fast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment