Sunday, August 5, 2012

Posted by Elie gh On 5:31 PM

Drama of our life

                Like it or not most our live will revolve around some drama. So it all comes down to your personal reaction towards drama. 
 The first idea that pops into my head is the famous quote: “Let’s not make mountains out of mole hills”.

                I truly have a neutral attitude towards basically everything in life. However, some people seem to thrive on making a scene out of the smallest situations.  It’s like an avalanche: a small ball of snow that becomes an apocalyptic ball of doom. 

                Another quote comes to mind; (I’m not trying to get all biblical and in your face) this saying from St. Lucas is quiet compelling:
                “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”

                Some people have taken judging and criticizing others as a second hobby or should I say second nature. These hypocrites seem to overlook all their flaws to concentrate on some minor traits in others.
                Well guess what: we are not living in a picture perfect word, we all have equally good and bad characteristics.  Where did the tolerance go? 

                Being an empath , I can’t help myself but feel what others are feeling. My mood shifts according to my surroundings and usually people mistake empathy as being over emotional.
                Nevertheless, it’s not really the case; empathy is receiving another being’s emotions.  It’s as if you’re living their story or they’re living yours. That is why I can never judge anybody, how can I if I only got a glimpse of everything they’ve been through. 

                Take a walk in their shoes and you might reconsider what you’re about to do or say.  We’re all entitled to our opinion but we are not entitled to put people down just to feel good. I pity anybody who has to put people down in order for them to feel up and good. 

Deal with your self esteem issues and manners by yourself, others can do without your negativity. 

                Finally, never compromise your humanity for anybody. I may have lost hope in mankind but not in humanity.  Some may find it weird that I mentioned Greenpeace in my will or that I’m donating to a lot of worthy causes, or that my future plans and ambitions include building a soup kitchen and animal refuge center. 
All I can say is don’t take anybody for granted because some might surprise you and if you feel like me that helping others is your calling, then don’t let them belittle your capacity. The feeling you get when you help someone in need is priceless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment