Thursday, September 13, 2012

Posted by Elie gh On 5:44 PM

Into the Light


          The generic term “near death experience” has been used over and over in novels and movies. However, it has been scientifically proven that this phenomenon does occur upon severe trauma or accidents.

But whether the tunnel described by people who experienced it is real or just a symbolic manifestation still remains to be disputed.

“Follow the light “or “don’t follow the light” could be the keys to awakening from the trauma or not.

Why am I talking about this particular subject? Well because a couple of weeks ago, while driving back from work, during rush hour I almost had a fatal accident.

The speeding car in front  of me stepped on the brakes out of the blue: turned out a pedestrian ignored the traffic light and jumped in front of the car. Sadly the driver hit him and the pedestrian was dead on the spot.





I was the car right behind him and my reflexes took over so I turned right as not to bump the car in front of me and managed to dodge at the last minute another car coming to the second lane where I was trying to escape.

Needless to say the adrenaline rush reached its peak and the trauma was intense for in my mind I was already having the accident and random images came to my head. Luckily, I was out of there safe and sound but the rest of the drive home was intense.

A small moral from the story, it may have been said a lot of times but it remains valid none the less: coincidences always happen for a reason, imagine I was the one who might have hit the pedestrian! Or that this accident was fatal for me as well.

Just be safe and alert and don’t wait for such a harsh wake up call to realize that life is short. So enjoy it and stop clinging to all the negativity that puts you down. Turn that frown upside down and be thankful for everyday.

A single decision and one minute could re write the entire course of your life.

Finally a great mourn poem comes to mind: 
  
Do not stand at my grave and weep 
I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow. 

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain. 

When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush 

Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night. 


 Do not stand at my grave and cry; 
I am not there. I did not die. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment