Saturday, April 21, 2012

Posted by Elie gh On 3:12 PM

Mixed identities
            This post was inspired by a twitter war between Lady gaga fans and Justin Bieber fans:



     






       It’s just an example because there are so many artists out there and even more fan bases. Therefore, clashes are inevitable some times, but this post is more about the frightening reality that some people have lost their true identity to completely fuse with their so called “idol”.

            I admit I’m a Lady gaga fan but I have never forced anyone to like her nor have I dished J.B or any other performer, because I have a lot of things to preoccupy me in life.  When I hear, Adele is my life, Katy Perry is our Queen, Justin please marry me, Gaga I’m so depressed reply to my messages and make me happy. I truly feel sad for those people, because worshiping an image is not going to resolve your problems. 

            We live in reality and we have to deal with the ups and down of life, these artists are in the end human as much as you and me. You should be proud of who you are, you are a worthy person as much as them. We might get blind sited by the glamor of the rich and famous but your life is as important. 

Mixed identities: a scary word when you consider that you have erased your entire being and became just an empty vessel for your idol: you identify yourself as his or her fan not by your name; all you talk about and live for is to be a minion. When you start focusing on yourself and your true potential you can start living the way you are intended to live.

          In the end, we all have our beloved performers, actors, artists… but stay true to whom you truly are, don’t waste your life being a follower when you can be a leader. Drop the mask and look into that mirror and you’ll be surprised with who you see as a reflection. 










0 comments:

Post a Comment