Monday, June 25, 2012

Posted by Elie gh On 5:29 PM

Beauty is Ephemeral

            Society is slowly transcending to a fake and plastic culture where we judge everybody on the outer skin and so called beauty. It’s not relatively new; through history beauty played a crucial part in establishing peace or inducing wars. Many examples come to mind such as Nefertiti, Cleopatra, Jason, Helene of Troy and many more…

            However, nowadays I feel we are consuming beauty like consuming food, sex, relationships and basically everything. We always thrive for more with a constant hunger, whereas thriving for more in some cases such as education and work is considered a motivation, when it comes to some remaining aspects of life it’s destructive.

            For people who do know me, some might say it’s a bit hypocrite writing about this particular subject seeing how often I get complimented about my looks. But my true friends do know I’m as natural as can be and don’t emphasis on my looks.

            The main reason why I decided to publish this post is the lack of self confidence in the teen generations and self esteem in the older generations. It’s all been said before: you were born this way; you are beautiful no matter what they say… For me I want to add: if you consider yourself the ugliest person in the world you still have at least one good physical attribute and personality trait that will attract that special one. 






            Do not underestimate yourself, when all seems dark never lose hope because when you hit rock bottom the only way is up. You must excel in something in life whether it’s your carrier, family, sports… therefore invest in it.

            I feel sorry for people who are looking for beauty in a needle of Botox or an implant, as much as you try to stop time, you will get old one day even if at 70 you look like you’re in your 50’s. All this plastic junk is going to fade away so you’d better have a backup plan.

            The youth fountain is within because beauty is transient, enjoy it in your prime years but invest for the future so you don’t reach the day where all is lost.

            Truly beauty can be a curse sometimes, I speak from real experiences it may get you a job now but in the future you will have to rely on your experiences and education. It may get you a job but it may well be followed by sexual harassment. I enjoy the perks it gets, castings, photo sessions, invitations… Nevertheless, I find a person than combines brains and beauty as the perfect combination. I’m never been satisfied and since I was a child I thrived for more in my education and on my way to get my PHD. 

            Finally, in a relationship when one partner is considered to be cutter than the other ones problems may occur but when you realize that they have chosen each other for love each one completes the other and makes him/her even more radiant.





0 comments:

Post a Comment