Saturday, June 2, 2012

Posted by Elie gh On 11:25 AM



      A dear friend of mine got engaged recently and since I helped him write his vows and proposal letter. I wanted to share it with everybody and he gracefully embraced the idea of showing the world his love. So there you have it, maybe it will inspire someone too shy to express his love or someone getting married but with no idea what to write as vows.

 
"I affirm my love to you, as I invite you ---  to share my life.

          What to say after 6 months together, almost 180 days. We had our ups and downs, we laughed we cried but we were always together as one. 

          You are the most beautiful, smart, and generous person I have ever known, and I promise always to respect you. With kindness, unselfishness and trust, I will work by your side to create a wonderful life together. I take you for who you are , to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health for as long as we both shall live.

          The first time I saw you it was a pure coincidence, one that turned out to be quite the luckiest coincidence of my life.  It was like destiny, I knew who you were and you knew who I am, no need for words. 

          You have awaken a sleeping heart and brought me back to life, I don’t just love you I also love the way you make feel when I’m around you. 

          We got our second chance, and I’m blissful that we did because we would have killed a unique chance for happiness. As I’ve told you before, I see the real you, when I look into your eyes I see this sweet innocent child with a heart of gold.

          You let your shields down and trusted me with your soul and for the first time in my life I was speechless. When I miss you, it’s like the heart misses a beat, the flower misses the rain and the dry Sahara yearning for that single droplet of water.
          All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name, now after 25 years I have discovered that it has a name.  “---”: five simple yet powerful letters that combine all I could have wished for and more.

          You changed my view of the world, you gave me courage. I had someone to dream of when I go to sleep, a reason to wake up in the morning and to look forward to seeing each day. 

          All of the love songs suddenly started making sense; you were and still is the one I need, the one I run to. You pushed my creativity, you made me who I am and every time you tell me I’m amazing and special my answer was and will always be: you made me. 

    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. Every day, you make me shine just by being there for me. You stand by me and I stand tall. 

          Finally ,If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live a day without you."

0 comments:

Post a Comment