Sunday, December 16, 2012

Posted by Elie gh On 11:14 PM

How (un)Lucky are you?

        Before you get out your horse shoe or start looking for that four leaves clover, let me start by saying that there is a difference between luck and superstition.
Luck is a conception of probability and optimism whereas superstition is a mere misconception and irrational beliefs.  

In my case I guess it is a mixture of luck and sheer weirdness, I am going to start by stating the latest incidents that happened to me and get back in time as far as I can remember.

I recently bought a new phone, so I transferred the memory card containing all my photos and music from my old phone to the new one. I had the same memory card for more than 2 years, I bought it supposedly new. Why I said supposedly? Because when I transferred it to my new phone I found out while going through my pictures that there was a file named X that was unseen on my old phone.

In that file I was shocked to see over 470 pictures of nude or semi nude guys and girls. Where the hell did it come from? And who the heck has time to collect this amount of pictures.

Fine, moving on as I mentioned in my previous post I wanted to change my internet connection, the best option was DSL which required a jumpering of the phone line.  Don’t know what is that exactly, in short your phone line needs to be adapted to support data transfer.
However, I was the only customer in the entire 6 years history of the company to get a wrong jumepring, which resulted in 3 days of no phone line.



On a brighter side, I recently wanted to enter a radio competition to win a voucher for a new clothes store.  Having never done such a thing before and not believing I would win I decided to try my beginner’s luck so I sent the right answer alongside a smiley and a “hope I win” and 5 minutes later I hear my name on the radio.

To cut it short, I’m going to end it with a work related conclusion: as a sales representative for an international company I have a daily contact with different clients. One particular client, apparently liked my voice on the phone and he bought our product and requested I deliver it in person to” meet”.

How would you feel, if you enter their office to see your Facebook page opened on their screen and they ask you “oh you have changed your pic recently”. Awkward moment or what, I felt that I am being monitored 24/7.

Finally, another person admired my personality and work ethics but instead of harassing me they did what a sane person would do: we talked and they actually introduced me to HR manager and wanted me to submit my CV but I was happy with my job and wasn’t keen on transferring to a new company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment