Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Posted by Elie gh On 11:30 PM


Geeky moment 


As mentioned in my earlier post, November was a busy month and I am glad to inform you that my new internet is fully functional.

I felt I have been disconnected from the world, but thanks to the help of my close friend I made some huge technological switches. Needless to say, I know my way around technology but it’s always a good idea to seek professional advice before undergoing any purchase.

Number one, I got a DSL connection, almost the same price as my old cable connection but triple the speed. Oh yes! A 256 kb/s turtle connection still exists, sure it was unlimited download and upload but my patience was limited.

Number 2, I was and still am a blackberry fan, because for the price you are paying you are getting a smart phone. However, blackberry was a pioneer in the market but failed to step up its game over the years and lost momentum. My main problem was the limited number of apps, too slow to load and start but most importantly a battery life span of a fruit fly.

Therefore, I wanted to upgrade to a new operator and I was keen on trying an Android device, because I’m not a real fan of Iphones, it has become a status and a brand more than an actual phone.
Although I’m not underestimating its functionality and durability, I don’t feel it’s a phone for me. The Android options were many but the most famous one must have been the Samsung, nonetheless it was too mainstream and the design wasn’t that much so I opted for an LG Optimus 4x HD.
For me LG appliances are efficient, durable and elegant and this phone was no different, its specs were amazing: big screen, battery life doubles than most phones, HD screen, fast processor… I am extremely satisfied with my new phone.



As a last bit , on the spurge of the moment while checking Amazon, I realized it’s black Friday and I need a laptop. I’ve been putting it off for a while but my old Toshiba served me for more than 5 years: the battery was dead, I had to kept it plugged in all the time and it had a serious problem of heating up.

So an Asus Laptop caught my eye, it was just launched a month ago; it had windows 8 and a touch screen. The Asus ultra notebook is as light as the Ipad, but with a 14.6 inch screen and a much faster processor and SDD.
And its price was slightly more expensive than an Ipad so naturally seeing it’s more practical and useful I got it immediately.
 I mean the I pad reminds me of the Britney Spears song: no longer a girl, not yet a woman. Well the Ipad is no longer a phone and not yet a laptop.

Finally, on a funnier side; in my next blog post I’m going to share some incidents that happened with me that I can only describe as weird and unique. I truly mean it, some weird stuff happen to me that I can’t comprehend and will never happen to a normal person during an entire lifetime.


0 comments:

Post a Comment