Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Posted by Elie gh On 3:55 PM

Back on track

First of all I want to apologize to my dear readers for this long hiatus, I know it’s been almost one month since my last blog post.

Time passed by quickly, and I’m sorry for not giving you a heads up but believe me it wasn’t planned. My absence was due to many unforetold reasons, starting with losing my internet, work over load and ending up with midterm exams…

Nevertheless it wasn't all bad, I did get a new phone and laptop and I will be writing about everything in follow up posts.
I used to think that people sometimes use work and university as an excuse, but now that I’m living it, I’m barely having time to eat, see my friends or even my family. When you wake up at 7:15 AM and don’t get back home before 10:00 PM, the notions of daytime and night time seem vague and tangled.

When you add exams to the equation of two jobs you get little free time, writing was a great outlet for relieving stress and relaxing and I unwillingly had to take a break, partly because of the lack of time but mostly because I was out of internet.

In short, I had a cable connection which offered me unlimited internet but with very low speed 256 kb/s. Yes believe me it still exists, the package offered was referred to as “turtle” which sums it about right.
So I decided to switch ISP after 3 years, my choice like many was “Sodetel” a DSL provider and supposedly the best in Lebanon. Therefore, I applied for their internet on October 2nd, to get the 4MB speed package, which includes unlimited night traffic.

The sales department assured me it was a 4 to 6 week deal, so one might naturally consider it to be finished around the second week of November. But boy was I wrong; we’re at the end of November and still no sign of progress. I canceled my cable subscription which ended on the 13th of November because I’m not going to pay for 2 ISP.




I thought  I could live without internet for a few days, the days turned into weeks and nobody even called me to apologize or explain the situation. It all reached boiling point when they jumpered a wrong phone line and I ended up without even a phone line. As if not having internet connection wasn’t bad enough let’s cut the phone line too.

Till now, I have no valid explanation or after sale follow up. The funny part which was that this mistake, wrongly connecting the phone lines, has never happened before. I’m the first one to face such a problem, for some it may be a jinx but for me I take it as being one of the 1% of people to face unique situations.

Finally, the Sodetel “summer offer” has become a “winter disappointment”. Hopefully by next week everything will be back on track and I’ll be posting several posts to compensate the missing ones during my absence. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment