Monday, June 24, 2013

Posted by Elie gh On 10:02 PM
Arabian nights


      To all my avid readers who never missed a blog post, I must apologize for breaking my schedule of one post per week.

As I have mentioned in my previous post “Dark Reflection “dating back to earlier this month 6/6/2013, I had a few reasons for this deviation from my weekly schedule.

Indeed during the month of May I had my university finals and due projects for the end of the semester, it consumed most of my time since I also have a full time job. In the end, it was all good I pulled an A (geeky moment).

Afterwards, I took a much needed one week vacation to Dubai. Why Dubai might you ask? It wasn't a fantasy of Arabian nights but having traveled around a few places, Dubai seemed a good destination since a dear friend has moved there for good.

My friend found a great job opportunity and he was enthusiastic for my arrival he had planned an action fun packed week.

What immediately caught my eye in Dubai, were the humongous sky scrapers, they do like it big there, form Burj Khalifa to Burj El Arab.  I have to give it up to the Dubai government for turning a desert into an oasis in less than ten years.

During the last decade Dubai has turned into a business hub in the Gulf and Mena Region, attracting multinational corporations, also it has become a prime tourist spot in the region with a unique interaction of the local people and culture midst all resident and working foreigners.

In Dubai mall, truly the largest mall in the world you can find a shop for anything, I do mean anything. They even have a shop just for selling corn and everything related.  I needed two visits to cover the entire premises.



We did also an amazing safari in the middle of the desert, went up to the top of Burj Kahlifa and much more…

However, my unforgettable experience was a surprise swim with the dolphins.  My friend knew my passion for dolphins and how much I wanted to interact with them up close, so he booked a session in Atlantis for a swim with the dolphins and a visit to the enormous aquariums, home to thousands of colorful and unique fishes.

My joy was indescribable, like a baby I must say, I was touching, playing and even kissing a dolphin.
The dolphin could feel my energy and enthusiasm, out of all the people there she kept coming to me and even disobeying her trainer when he called her. I wish I could take her home with me.

And thus an unforgettable memory will always link me to Dubai, a dream come true. Finally, now I am well rested and ready to continue blogging with full force.



0 comments:

Post a Comment